Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grateful

I am so grateful for this amazing day! The weather has been beautiful and I have truly felt God with me all day long. After finishing my prayer this morning, on the Mommy Loop again, I actually felt like he was sitting in the passenger seat of my car. I had a little chuckle and went on with my drive. I normally ask God to stay with me through my day and bring me strength and patience. My manager makes fun and me and says that by asking for these things from God, he will only give me opportunities to try my strength and patience. I see her point, but I must say that if God knew me before I was born and knows my thoughts, do I really have to play word games with him in my prayer to get the desired result?

I ask for God to walk with me. Not just to walk with me, to let me know he is there and not to doubt him and to help me live my life in a way that praises him. I usually feel like I fail miserably at that last part. Today it seemed like every time I looked up, there he was, staring me in the face. Every opportunity he had to make his presence known to me, he did. And I knew it all day long. I even noticed that I was acting differently. Like I didn't want to do anything to make his presence go away or disappoint him. In my head I know this is just silly, because he's always there, and yet I still fight that feeling that if I mess up, he will leave me and never look back.

So I am so grateful for this day and I hope to experience many more like it. I hope that everyone experiences days like this. It is so uplifting and motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment